Winder Farms is one of the fastest growing home delivery grocery companies in the United States. We combine the stability of a 136 year-old company with the prospects and outlook of a dynamic, growing business. At Winder Farms, we are always on the lookout for great people who are not only passionate about providing great tasting products, but also delivering a great customer experience.
The Warehouse/relief driver position involves pulling stacks of crates off the production line and organizing products in a refrigerated warehouse. The main types of products produced are gallon and gallon beverages such as: milk, juice, and smoothie products. This position requires the ability to actively work a schedule designated by the Warehouse Manager the ability to lift up to 75 pounds and pull 220 pounds. This position will also be the relief driver when other drivers are out.
- Pull stacks of milk, juice, and smoothie products off the north and south production lines and organize in the refrigerated warehouse (known as the cooler).
- Organize half-gallon returnable milk products in the cooler. Rotate older milk by bringing stacks to the front of the product line.
- Run manufacturing jobs in Winder Farms inventory management system.
- Operate manual fork lift and small electric fork lift to move pallets of product around the cooler.
- Clean cooler floor, drainage systems and other areas as needed.
- Help managers by completing special projects.
- Hand Truck or pull product returned back by HD/wholesale drivers.
- Pull stacks of milk into waste milk room to be dumped.
- Dump all waste milk into the waste milk tank.
- Learn all receiving functions.
- Relief Driver
- No experience necessary. Winder Farms will train the employee and prepare them to perform the assigned job duties.
- Must be able to walk at least 2 miles over the course of an 8 hour shift. Must have the ability to continuously lift up to 75 pounds and pull up to 220 pounds.
- Must be able to withstand being continuously exposed to extreme cold (the cooler temperature is 38-40 degrees F).
- Must be able to operate a manual forklift or small electric forklift.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
Medical/Dental benefits are offered after 60 days of employment, in addition to 401(k) after 90 days of employment. Other benefits include Vision, Long-term disability, Life Insurance and Employee discounts on products and service.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Salary is dependent upon experience and internal and external salary conditions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. Winder Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No third party recruiting service inquires.
Learn more about us at www.winderfarms.com